Make Travel Easier. I love to travel and recently have become a bit of a road warrior. With all this travel, I have picked up a few tricks I would like to share.
- Take a carry on. Unless you are staying for over a week, you should be able to pack everything you need for your trip (more on that later). I love being able to walk right off the plane and not wait around at baggage claim. I won’t even mention the part about times when your luggage gets lost. Try to remove this added stress and make travel easier.
- Eat beforehand. Coming to the plane on an empty stomach isn’t awesome. If the flight is delayed you can be sitting on the plane for a while. That leads to buying gross airplane snacks- blech!
- Pack lightly. I have two methods for clothes that I suggest following. You can decide what works best for you. The first is to take clothes that are all the same color. Choose all items that are black and mix and match every day. This keeps things simple. If you prefer changing it up, another option is base layers. Have a pair of black slacks that you can wear many days and different tops to keep it new. Look on pinterest for capsule wardrobes to help make travel easier.
- Stay fresh. I should buy stock in Downy spray for clothing with Febreeze (the one with wrinkle remover). I use it on my clothes to keep them fresh and wrinkle free but it can also work in hotel rooms and in my luggage. This also helps maintain your capsule wardrobes. You can wear those black slacks a few times without having to launder them by using the spray.
- Be patient. Traveling is stressful and a lot of people have no idea what they are doing. Laughing off the ridiculous makes it easier for everyone! The guy who has full-sized bottles of shampoo and conditioner in his bag and claims that he “forgot” they were in there when stopped by TSA. The folks who block the gate even though they are in the last group to board. Don’t worry folks, you won’t miss it! The parent who is doing their best to calm a child who is having a rough flight. Just take a breath.
I would also add, bring gum or mints to combat stinky breath and help with cabin pressure. Grab a water bottle after passing through security and stay hydrated. Have fun! Whether you are traveling for work or fun- enjoy the adventure!
Photo courtesy of me. I took it at the Houston Space Center during the Grace Hopper celebration.